Sunday, January 3, 2010

It appears that it will be cold for some time to come.  I know that 15 day forecasts are not the most accurate, however at this point I'm not holding out hope that we'll get any warmer weather any time soon.
Today it's barely in the 20s with windchill factors in the single digits, even lower when there are gusts.

To make the cold even worst, our dryer is located in the uninsulated, unheated utility room while our washer is in the kitchen.  Talk about a shock to your system when doing laundry.  In the summer it's not quite as bad unless it's humid, which is about three quarters of the time, but I've learned to deal with it.  Afterall, I only had our AC on for a few short weeks this past summer.

I could just go on strike until it gets warmer but we'd run out of laundry really quickly and I could not imagine the amount of laundry there would be to do if I did go on strike for longer than a week.  Winter is always the worst too for laundry because you are wearing layers and longer clothing.  I swear no one but me can wear their sweatshirts and jeans longer than a couple of hours before putting new ones on.  I figure if they're not dirty and your not going anywhere why bother washing them after each wear.  Yes, I know some find it to be gross, but I don't have a ton of jeans to be able to wear new ones every day, but really I sit at home most days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment