Thursday, September 16, 2010

God's amazing hand.

Last night, as we were getting ready for bed, the phone rang, it was the alarm company, letting my husband know that the alarm was going off at the store.  Usually these alarms are pretty routine.  You give them the information they need, jump in the car, reset the alarm and come back home.

Last night was far from routine.  I don't usually get nervous when the calls come in, not that it happens often but they do on occasion, but last night I laid worrying, so I prayed.  Shortly after praying, D called to let me know that it was a real call and it looked like someone had tried to break in the store.  About a half hour later, he called and said the guy was in the store, breaking into the jewelry cases.  The last call to him was around 2, when he said he'd be there all night, the guy had died in the process of being arrested.

This morning, I called him as soon as I woke up to see how everything was going.  You could tell he was still running on adrenaline but he sounded like he was in good spirits.  He told me a bit more about the morning events and said he wouldn't be home until sometime this afternoon.

I am so proud of him.  He is currently the only salaried manager in the store and he's stepping up to the plate, despite having hesitations on his ability to do so.

I love when I see God's hand working in our lives and see how he protects us.

I love you so much, my wonderful, amazing husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment