Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where has time gone?

It seems like only yesterday that I held my boys in my arms after them taking their first breath.  Now it's 7 and 5 years later and I'm no longer holding them but watching them spread their wings and take on new challenges in life.

Just a week ago my babies started first grade and kindergarten.  Both loving every minute of it.  I can only hope that they continue to enjoy school.

This evening they started their second year of Awana at church.  What a joy it is to help them learn memory verses, verses that they will remember for years to come.  I love when I come across a verse that I memorized when I was their age. It makes me smile :)  I pray they will treasure all those verses and their meaning forever.

It has taken me a full week to get used to the quiet of the house.  Something I never really enjoyed much of, even when L was in preschool and B was in kindergarten last year.  I tried to fit in as much as I could during that 1 1/2 hours of non driving time I had, that I didn't get to fully enjoy it.  Now that I have it, I really do miss my boys.  Most days it makes me appreciate that moment when they get out of school and I can wrap my arms around them.

With fall beginning, I am planning to enjoy some quiet fun time in the coolness with my family, making forever memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment