Friday, September 10, 2010

Old friends

Once upon a time, long, long ago, I was a member of a great site where I made lots of new friends.  Ones that while I didn't know them in real life, I felt connected too.  I shared many heartaches and happiness with them, both my own and theirs.  Things happened and I no longer talk to many of them.  I do have a friend who has kept in contact with a couple of them and she lets me know how they are doing.

Yesterday, I was looking through the blogs of these old friends.  Some of them have kept up with theirs and I was able to read the happiness and heartaches that they are all facing.  I wanted to comment on them to let them know I've been thinking of them or that I was praying for them but I wasn't sure how it would be taken.  Needless to say many of the ties I had were broken under bad circumstances.  While I don't hold grudges, I don't know that I'd care to be friends with some of them again.  I don't think the friendships were the healthiest for me and it has been a relief not to have them.  Though that's not to say I didn't shed a tear or two over losing these friends.

It's good to be able to 'lurk' and see how they are doing and to know how I can pray for them even if we aren't friends anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to here this. It is tough when friendships fade. I know this first hand. But I do love that we have social media websites where you can "check up" on them.

    ReplyDelete