Friday, December 3, 2010

22 years ago

It was 22 years ago that you left us but boy does it seem like only yesterday.

Your smile, your half finger, your cooking for us, holidays at your house are only a few of the things I miss about you.  Oh how I wish the boys would have been able to meet you.  What joy they would have brought you and what joy you would have brought them.

I remember that night that dad got the call so vividly.  I remember knowing deep down that I wouldn't ever see you again.  It was not a good feeling for a little girl to have.  I remember waking up the next day, walking home and knowing that the horrible news would be coming from mom's lips.  I still can't wait the movie 'Harry and Henderson's' because it was the one that we were watching that night when we got the call.

I remember choosing not to attend your funeral.  I remember watching out my classroom window as they dug your grave.  I remember this boy in my class who wondered who's grave they were digging and saying it was my Gram's and him not believing me until the tears started to flow, oh how did they flow that day.  They are flowing now as I write this.  You were such a special person, a beautiful women.

Gram, I love you so much and miss you!!!  I treasure each time someone tells me I am like you.  What a person to be like.  Someone who loved her family tremendously.

Gram, me and Aunt Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment