Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 1 on my weight loss goal

I am excited to report that I did well on day 1 of my weight loss journey. I probably could have done better had I made a healthier choice at Burger King yesterday but overall, I did well. I managed to put in a half hour of wii fit exercise last night. I didn't do a lot but what I did do made me realize even more how important this journey is for me and my family.

Many, many years ago, I was a skinny girl who was able to eat anything and everything and not gain weight. Back then I was a lot more active than I am today. I had a retail job where I was on the go for 8 hours of the day. I also hadn't been through 3 full pregnancies and the heartache of 2 miscarriages. How I could even had thought at 130-140 lbs that I was fat, is beyond me but I did think I had a belly. Ha, how naive I had been.

Some ask why I want to lose weight-I want to be healthy for my kids and my husband. I want to be around for a long time to enjoy my family and with genetics already against me, do I really need my weight to be against me too?

What am I going to do to lose weight? Eating healthier-a more balanced diet and exercise. There are many weight loss programs out there-many that will offer you a quick way to lose weight, but I want to do it naturally. I want it to be a life long change. 

At lunch yesterday, I told my husband and kids my plans and they were supportive. I told them that for a half hour each night that my husband is home, I would like to spend it exercising. Last night when I said it was time to exercise, the kids set up the wii for me, they did some of the activities with me and they even offered me tons of encouragement. It made this mom very happy :)

Day 2 is here and while my husband isn't home tonight, I do have the day off, as do the boys, so I think I'll be able to get at least a half an hour in of some form of exercise-maybe we'll rake the leaves today. I can baby wear and rake-that has to be good for burning calories right?

No comments:

Post a Comment