Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sexiest Man Alive?

It appears that the latest talk other than Gen Patraeus' affair (a whole other topic but related to this) is the cover on the new People magazine-Sexiest Man Alive-Channing Tatum. I couldn't even begin to tell you who he is other than an actor. Don't ask me what he's been in because I won't be able to answer you.

Looking at his photo from People.com, do I think he's the sexiest man alive? No. Do I think he's good looking? Sure, but you won't find me oogling over him-or anyone else who is famous for that matter.

Why? 

Matthew 5:28 says- 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I find that the verse also applies to women lusting after men. If I find a man sexy and I dream of being with him-I'm committing a sin and not honoring my husband or my wedding vows. Lust can destroy a marriage. 

You may not think that thinking someone other than your spouse is sexy can hurt anything but it can. It starts as a look, thinking someone is hot, sexy, good looking and it can work up to lust which can then blossom into unfaithfulness and possible divorce. It may not happen with that star you think is sexy but believing that is looking at a star as sexy can cause you to wonder closer to home. Why give into the temptation? Why take the chance?

If you are interested in learning more on the destructiveness of Lust, take some time to listen to this Family Life podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment